Saturday, July 9, 2011

Alicia's Incorporation of practices

I don't have much experience nursing here in FL yet, but I know I saw things in Panama that I would like to incorporate into my own practice. The first thing I really liked was how personal the relationships were between caregiver and patient. The nurses always took the patient's emotions into consideration and made the patient into more than just a number. The nurses were always making sure that the patient was comfortable with what was going on and with a student in the room. There have been times in the US where I felt that a nurse ignored the patient's comfort and/or emotions. I also enjoyed the amount of education the nurses did for the patients. Most of the education I saw was to mothers about caring for their children and about nutrition.
So the two things I would incorporate would be the compassion shown to all patients and the education to provide primary prevention and make the patients more enabled to make good health decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment